Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Im getting a E1 and E6 code. Sportrack sf91. I recently

Customer Question
Im getting a E1...

Im getting a E1 and E6 code

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Sportrack sf91

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I recently moved the unit, thats when it started

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

It runs but not fast

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
should i be expecting
an answer soon
1/19/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The moving of the machine hints that you either broke something in it - if you moved it roughly (obvious as that may seem) - or that you dislodged something essential to its operation by moving it.

Now, the error codes: E6 seems to indicate an incline sensing error code. Probably the incline needs re-aligning, to straighten that out - esp. if the incline was not at minimum or lowest position while moving.

E1 could be a number of things... does the belt move at all? or does the error (E1, and/or the E6 too) occur immediately when the machine is turned On? (if 'yes' to that last, it means simply, a loose connection - so check inside the machine for anything that might be loose, re-seat all connectors - with the power Off! - and see how it goes. Let me know, in Reply, and I will advise further as needed.

The belt moves, I used it up to 12 minutes but cant go over walking speed. I loosen the belt and silicon beneath, the belt sooms in good condition. How do I re-aligning the incline? I will go over the connections tomorrow to make sure they are fine. I was very gentle with when i move it.
one more thing, I lost the original magnet when I moved it, I replace it with a regularly store bought magnet, Is there a significant here.

If the magnet you provided is allowing the belt to move at all, it would seem to be good-enough.

As for calibrating the incline... I unfortunately cannot find information specific to your model of Sportrac. I will look further and let you know if/when I find anything.

This *might* work to start incline calibration, but I doubt it:

hold down the Speed up (or, Speed+) and Stop controls while putting the magnetic safety key in place.

Let me know what you find out when you examine, and re-seat in place, the connections.

This Calibration direction dont work. any other suggestion. All the connections are good too.
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago

I am sorry I don't have further ideas or more to offer. I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts, one of which might have the further help you need for this problem.

Russell H., Service Tech