Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Since few days, as I turn the power on of my Kettler

Customer Question
Hello, since few days...

Hello, since few days, as I turn the power on of my Kettler treadmill, I have the "check speed sensor" message on the display then it turns off after few seconds. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Kettler model do you have?

Track 5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kettler? What have you tried so far?

Few days and I didn't try anything yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
1/20/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

How old is your treadmill? Is it telling you "speed sensor" or "speed system"?

Hello, my treadmill is 8 years old and the message is "check speed sensor"

OK, thank you! I've seen this before.

We need to remove the housing that covers the motor (in front of the belt) to expose the motor, speed sensor, and motor control board. There's a small LED on the motor control board that will flash when the belt is moving (if the speed sensor is operating). Turn the treadmill on and move the belt manually, and let me know if the LED flashes.

I'm not at home at this time... I'll check the led when I'll be back at home. If it won't flash, does it mean I need to change the speed sensor?

Normally. But there are some other easy test we should run. Just respond whenever you're near the treadmill and have some time.

Ok Dan

OK.

(Sorry, the site makes me respond)

Hi Dan, I'm back home in front of the treadmill, can we chat ?

Sorry, we are in different time zones which makes chatting difficult. We need to remove the housing that covers the motor (in front of the belt) to expose the motor, speed sensor, and motor control board. There's a small LED on the motor control board that will flash when the belt is moving (if the speed sensor is operating). Turn the treadmill on and move the belt manually, and let me know if the LED flashes.

Hi Dan, what do you mean by motor control board ? Are the pics usefull for you to solve the problem?