Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a NordicTrack C2300. All of a sudden it starting

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have a NordicTrack C2300. All of a sudden it starting slipping, so we adjusted, but then it started to hesitate (slow down) when stepping from rail onto the walking belt. We've tried adjusting as per manual, and it does not seem to work, or temporarily.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C2300? What have you tried so far?

We've been working at adjusting for about 2 weeks now. We've adjusted both ways (counterclockwise and clockwise - as each problem is opposite fixes as per manual), but just as we seem to get close, try again and then it starts up again. It also has a squeal especially when walking at 4mph or higher. It had been used mainly at lower speeds, and I am walking a bit faster now, starting at 3 as warm up, then working up to between 6-7mph. The treadmill did well for a while at those speeds, but then started squealing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No i think that's it. The slowing down/hesitation, slipping is better now, but the squealing is still there.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/10/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

How old is it? Has the walking deck ever been lubricated?