Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My horizon t101 says to lube belt. It now doesn't work. Who…

Customer Question
My horizon t101 says...

My horizon t101 says to lube belt. It now doesn't work. Who do I get to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Horizon T101

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I was on it last night. At mile 2 1/2 it stopped. I haven't tried anything. I turned it off and on again but that did nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I am not at home so I can't look at my treadmill. Will that matter?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/9/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help with your Horizon! You don't need anyone to fix it. That's what I'm here for... I can walk you through it. It's really quite easy!

These Horizon models were designed to show that message, so there isn't anything really "wrong" with your treadmill... it just needs some basic preventive maintenance.

First, you need some silicone lubricant. You can get it >>here<< for pretty cheap. Then, you just need to follow the instructions in >>this video<< to disconnect power, loosen the belt, apply the lubricant, and then re-tighten the belt.

Once the belt is tightened and power is back on, press and hold the Speed + and Stop buttons simultaneously for 5+ seconds until the display beeps at you. That will clear the message.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.