Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a NordicTrack A2105 sometimes after I start my

Customer Question
I have a NordicTrack...

I have a NordicTrack A2105 sometimes after I start my workout it just suddenly comes to a stop. If I step off it will start again but very slowly. I was wondering if it was the motor

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your A2105? What have you tried so far?

I bought the treadmill used about 2 years ago, it has been going on and off most of that time. It seems to be getting more frequent. I have tried tightening the belt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/9/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help with your NordicTrack!

Yes, it could be the motor but that's pretty rare (maybe 10% of the time... probably less). It's much more likely to be a worn walking belt or walking deck. It could also be due to an overtightened belt, so maybe back it off a little. You want your flat hand to get about halfway across the deck, when you slip it underneath the belt.

There are tests we can do to figure out if it's the belt or the deck, but they require some disassembly and electrical work. If you want to do that, let me know. Otherwise, you should seek service locally.

The belt is about $100 and the walking deck is $200.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Do you have any other questions about this?