Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Nordictrack Viewpoint 3000, Model #NTL11806.

Customer Question
I have a Nordictrack...

I have a Nordictrack Viewpoint 3000, Model #NTL11806. Everything works fine except the Main treadmill belt motor. I'm pretty handy, what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your NordicTrack? What have you tried so far?

I haven't used it for a while and its been in a cold basement, temps down to 45. I've unplugged and let sit for 10 minutes, re-plugged tried it, no go, then hit the reset button.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that it's

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/7/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

What's going on with the motor? Sluggish, or not turning at all?

Dan,
Belt motor does not turn, incline motor works fine. When I hit start the odometer starts counting up from zero like I was on the treadmill and the belt was moving. But the belt is not moving. Could the controller be bad?

Yes, it could be the controller or the motor itself. We need to remove the motor cover and disconnect the motor from the controller. Then use a fully charged cordless drill battery, and connect the motor to it. See if the motor spins. There's a video of this test >>here<<.

Ok, so if the motor turns, its the controller that's bad, if not then the motor is bad, correct?

Usually. Sometimes they're both bad but that's pretty rare.

OK, I'll give that a try.

OK keep me in the loop and let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

I can get you part numbers, ordering info, etc. too if you need.

Ok, Thanks

Sure no problem!