Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

It runs for a bit and then it shuts off. PFTL6921 Proform…

Customer Question
It runs for a...

It runs for a bit and then it shuts off

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

PFTL6921 Proform GLX760

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your GLX760? What have you tried so far?

For about 2 weeks, Called Customer service for Nordic they did some trouble shooting with the belt.The belt was still flexible so they Told me to oil it. Tried that today and it shut off after 7 min the first time and 2 min the 2nd time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

The cord gets hot when plugged in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/4/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I still need help

How old is the treadmill?

Did you contact NordicTrack again to let them know that it has a power failure?

They didnt know what it could be but its a 2001 model and they don't make parts for it anymore.

Unfortunately, you would need to have a local technician come out to your house to test the issue and that cost can run high on a 2001 treadmill. To be honest, it would likely cost more to have the technician come out and fix it than to buy a new one.