Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Solaris won' start on it's own about 1/2 the time and…

Customer Question
Hi, my Solaris won'...

Hi, my Solaris won' start on it's own about 1/2 the time and runs very irratic at all speeds. What's up? Thanks Jim

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

It's a Solaris, son't know the model, it's pretty old. Jim

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Took the motor out, cleaned the armature and brushes, tried the reset method of holding the speed and stop botton, etc. The speed works fine until you shut down... Jim

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried swearing at it, didn't help Jim

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/4/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Hi Harry, I still need help, but I'm in and out with a major snowstorm {I plow and sand} but I've worked on the old girl for several hours this afternoon and I've been looking for a model # and all I've come with is a paper inside the deck cover says it's a NTL2495 Nordic Track Viewpoint. I've checked all of the connections, shook the bugger, but nothing helps. It's really a old machine so I may have to give up on it, It's a Solaris with no other model #. Serious machine though, with a 3 horsepower motor and when it works it's great. I'm guessing the control panel has failed as now nothing much want's to work. Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,

Stay safe in that snow storm! Unfortunately, due to the age and issue, it would end up costing more to repair it than to buy a new one.