Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a NordicTrack 1800c that keeps shutting off. I have…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a NordicTrack 1800c that keeps shutting off. I have removed the hood and no wires are loose. When I put the key in the control panel lights up. When I press start the treadmill runs for 1 second and then completely shuts off. The control panel will come back up after a few seconds.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 1800C? What have you tried so far?

I has been having issues with it for a month or so. The issue of it not running at all started today.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
The treadmill has intermittently shut off during use for a month or two but it always restarted. Now it won't run more than a second before shutting down. When I removed the hood and tried to start the treadmill I noticed a spark coming from red wire on the motor.
1/3/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 6 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi, when a Treadmill shuts off it's over heating. Since you kept using it you have over loaded the Motor and controller. Now both are Burnt out and need to be replaced. You can order Parts from fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com