Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have an error message on my Pro Plus that says dEAd 5EN…

Customer Question
I have an error...

I have an error message on my Pro Plus that says dEAd 5EN 5OR. Does that mean I have a dead sensor somewhere?

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

I will try that

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

Never, I have vacuumed the tread and adjusted it once and oil it but we have not had a tech out to service it. The tread never moves at all and the error message comes on after about 15 seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

What is the cost of this call.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a Pace Master Pro Plus treadmil
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been 30 minutes of waiting thus far, should I continue to wait or will someone call me when you find them or they find an answer? Please respond.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! Sorry for the delay. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

This is actually a fairly common issue with these Pacemaster models. Would it be acceptable for me to post the "how to" that a technician could use to troubleshoot and repair this, and then you can figure out whether or not you want to try it yourself? Or do you want to skip that and find a local servicer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer you post it, please.

Sure, no problem. Give me a few minutes to type it up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I certainly don’t have to pay again do I?

No, you don't. Whatever you paid before you got to me, is it.

OK, these Pacemaster models use "Dead Sensor" to indicate that the control panel is not sensing movement of the drive motor. The sensor is the optical sensor.

If the motor is moving, the technician should check the optical sensor assembly and wiring for damage and for proper connection to the power supply, and replace as needed. In most cases, replacing the optical sensor assembly will correct the problem. This is an inexpensive fix.

They should also check the wire harness for continuity, shorts or damage. In rare cases, the power supply or control panel may need to be replaced. I have never personally seen the control panel replaced for this issue.

If the motor is not moving, the technician should check the wiring between the power supply circuit board and the drive motor for good connection, shorts to ground, and continuity. They should also check the drive motor for continuity and shorts to ground, and repair as needed. They could also bypass the wire harness between the control panel circuit board and the power supply circuit board with a spare wire harness. If the error is corrected, they would install the spare wire harness. If the error is not corrected, they should replace the power supply circuit board.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** check it out but wondering how much time do I have to contact you again, if needed? Bob

As long as you need, Bob. If you want to get back to me, just click the link in the email we sent you. If you didn't get an email, just go to JustAnswer.com and log in, then click "My Questions" at the top.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!

You're welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not capable of attempting to fix the treadmill myself so am waiting to get a technician to do the job. The motor never starts so it is beyond my electrical capability to track this further. Thanks for your help.

I understand, no problem. There are thousands of treadmill servicers all across the US. Your local Google search results or Yelp should be a good start. PaceMaster themselves aren't much help, to be honest.

If you have any other questions, just ask! Otherwise, please take a second to rate the service I've provided. There should be a rating scale on your screen (probably stars, 1-5). I hope it was excellent!