Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

The front pivot of the left and right link arms squeaks when…

Customer Question
The front pivot of...

The front pivot of the left and right link arms squeaks when the machine is in use. The axel covers are split and the parts at this location cannot be secured. How do I fix this squeaking noise?

Technician's Assistant: When did you first hear this sound?

Approximately 4 months ago it started.

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

It has never been serviced. It is a Nordic Track Audio Strider 800 that was purchased new what appears to be ages ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else, thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/3/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 7 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi if you can't get Parts anymore the best thing you can do is take the joints off and apart as much as you can, clean them well, then grease them with a heavy silicone axle grease. Nothing that comes from a spray can like wd 40