Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Vision Fitness treadmill. It powers up, but as soon…

Customer Question
I have a Vision...

I have a Vision Fitness treadmill. It powers up, but as soon as I attempt to set a program all lights shut off on the counsel except for a display that shows "E4". Can you tell me what the error code stands for?

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

My daughter just gave it to me as it was sitting in her basement collecting dust. She said it was working when she last used it.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Equipment Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

If I could just connect with a technician that would be great.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/1/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The treadmill is showing an E4 code. What does it mean and how do I fix it?

That error means that the incline's position is not correct.

To recalibrate the incline, turn the machine On with the safety key inserted already.

***Do not have anybody standing on the treadmill, throughout this it should be clear!***

You should see model # displayed, and units.

Set to the correct model # using the Elevation arrows,

and set to the correct units (0 for miles, 1 for km.s) using the Speed arrows.

Then press and hold down ENTER.

Then press START also. That starts calibration.

Treadmill runs and does things for about 5 minutes, then displays "END".

Then the treadmill will reboot and go back to a starting screen/display.

I did what you said. The machine lit up, but did NOT display the model # or units. I used the elevation key in an attempt to set the model #, but it only displayed C1 / C2 / P1 / P2/ etc.. for custom programs. None of this worked so I continued with your directions and held down the ENTER key and then pressed START. The treadmill is running, but it is just running a standard P1 program. It does not seem to be recalibrating anything? Your thoughts??

Does it still give you the E4 error?

No.
It is simply running a program and no one is on it.

If you turn it off and try to use it now.

Does it work?

It seems to be working fine now? What caused this Error 4 and will it happen again? Is there anything I can do or check to keep it from happening?

Awesome!

It is an incline issue that can happen randomly.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.