Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Re the NordicTrack GX 4.7 exercise bike. Is there a way to…

Customer Question
Re the NordicTrack GX...

Re the NordicTrack GX 4.7 exercise bike. Is there a way to adjust the belt tension so as to reduce the pre-set resistance on the minimum "2" setting. My wife likes/needs a "minimum" resistance. She uses the bike to insure flexibility in her knees not to build up leg strength. I too have used the bike and find that the level of resistance in the full spectrum of 2 -22 is higher than most bikes I/we have ridden.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your GX? What have you tried so far?

Since we bought it in October of 2017. We have tried nothing. My wife simply uses a manual program at the lowest level (2), and compares it to the equipment she uses at Planet Fitness. She is not a complainer, and she is dedicated to her routine; but she is unable to lower the resistance to a point where it is comfortable to her.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Just wanting to know if there is an MECHANICAL adjustment that I can make to customize the bike to my wife's needs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/31/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No we no longer need assistance. We found that the resistance can actually be lowered to 1 which makes it acceptable. Thanks for checking in with me. HAPPY NEW YEAR!