Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

A single week after my GX4.7 went out of warranty on

Customer Question
A single week after...

A single week after my GX4.7 went out of warranty on Christmas Day in fact, it starting making this noise more than once a minute. It seems to have set itself on a very high resistance. My husband thinks that the noise is the machine changing resistances. We tried unplugging it for more than a day and leaving plugged in more than a day. We have tried to "reset" it but really haven't succeeded. Does fixing it really cost more than buying a new one? The extended warranty place will not take my call since I don't have a valid warranty.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

It is a computer problem but the screen looks normal with normal menus. Touching it does nothing.

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

It was never service

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

My husband said that when he presses the settings button causes it to stop cycling resistances until he closes settings. So we think it is a software error.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/30/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.