Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have an elliptical model 420 about 6-8 year’s old The

Customer Question
I have an elliptical...

I have an elliptical model 420 about 6-8 year’s old The restance control is not working Intially nothing would happen when you changed the resistance . I checked the electric connection and now you can hear a small motor running when you change the resistance BUT there is no change in the resistance of the pedals . Any thoughts

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Schwin 420

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Going on about 3 mo I checked the electric connections and took off the covers to look inside

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/30/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i still need help

How old is the machine?

About 8 years

What is your zip code so that I can locate someone in your area to take a look?

Iam sure I can fix it myself I just need information on how the restance components work and what parts I need