Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Stairmaster 4400PT that suddenly lost all

Customer Question
I have a Stairmaster...

I have a Stairmaster 4400PT that suddenly lost all resistance

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Stairmaster Freeclimber 4400PT

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/28/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to start by testing the electronics - the easiest test for the electrical system is to step onto the pedals and access the Diagnostics mode.

This is done by pressing Level ^, 6, ENTER. (DIAGNOSTICS will appear in the upper display window.)

Press Level Down twice to get to the alternator test. (ALT TEST will appear in the upper display window.)

Press ENTER to begin the test. As the video shows, resistance drops out when the test begins.

So, if this occurs, press the Level ^ one time. This will turn the field ON.

This verifies that voltage is passing from the display through the display cable to the lower control board.

This confirms there is good communication between the console and the lower control board and that the voltage is being supplied to the alternator.

If resistance is lost during this portion of the test, inspecting the cable should be the first step of action. Look for any bent pins, loose connection or loose or damaged wiring.

Other components of the electrical system to inspect for resistance problems are the battery, load resistor, speed sensor and alternator.

Let me know what you find.

If you need a repair tech to visit and carry out the tests, please let me know your post code.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer