Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have an intermittent fault on my Trimline T380LC which…

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have an intermittent fault on my Trimline T380LC which occasionally results in a L5 error code but generally results in a motor slow down and then returns to full speed. This started with very occasional slow downs but now is quite frequent. The sensor is switching on and off ok. Do I need a new Controller QQ2121 board and if so do you know where I can get one from. Thanks. Jim

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

No

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

Well i have just basic servicing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Know

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/27/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

L5 indicates a speed sensor error.

You will need to check the speed sensor for proper alignment and function. It will be located near the motor.

It should be within a credit cards width of the magnet or toothed wheel. If properly adjusted check with an multi-meter to see if it is opening and closing by manually spinning the front roller or motor flywheel. If it isn't operating correctly it will need to be replaced.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HiI have checked the speed sensor and is opening and closing with each turn of the wheel

Hi Jim,

If the speed sensor is working and aligned correctly then the control board is suspect.

You can get a replacement board through your local Schwinn dealer, or from:

https://www.fitnessboardsdirect.com/qq-2121-220v-motor-control-board/

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer