Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Pro-form trainer 420 works fine for a short period and…

Customer Question
My Pro-form trainer 420...

My Pro-form trainer 420 works fine for a short period and then the belt slows and eventually stops altogether. It has power but the belt just wont turn.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro-form model 831.24733.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Just started this evening. I have tried turning it off and back on and even unplugging and plugging back in. Works for about 30 seconds and slows to a stop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/19/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Matthew, Technician replied 8 months ago
Matthew
Matthew, Technician
Experience: 20+ years in Electronics, Mechanical, Service, Repair, Customer Service, Quality Control, Document Control, and Maintenance w/ 10+ in fitness equipment. All brands/models
Does it run for 30 seconds? Or for less than that? (Maybe 3-5 seconds?Also...have you tried running it without actually being on it? Does it stop when you are not on it also?
it does run for appx 30 seconds before stopping. it has been running 3-4 minutes just fine when I'm not on it.
My credit card sent a text to see if I wanted the charge to go through. I told them it was ok. Did it go through on your end?
far I am just asking troubleshooting questions. To be honest, we (the techs) are not in charge of the charges. We ger paid as soon as we give you an acceptable answer that guides you in the right direction to resolve your issue. But I am sure you are fine.On to the next question...how long have you had this machine? And when it stops, does the screen show you any error codes? Or does it just continue to time up and show the speed and such normally?