Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I own a LifeFitness Treadmill, Model 95Ti (or T1). The

Customer Question
Hello, I own...

Hello, I own a LifeFitness Treadmill, Model 95Ti (or T1).

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 95TI? What have you tried so far?

The message on Treadmill is "Notify Maintenance. Waxer Unplugged."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I have very little experience "repairing" this treadmill (and I live in a very small town with limited repair service).

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
12/16/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Matthew, Technician replied 2 months ago
Matthew
Matthew, Technician
Experience: 20+ years in Electronics, Mechanical, Service, Repair, Customer Service, Quality Control, Document Control, and Maintenance w/ 10+ in fitness equipment. All brands/models
Hello- There are 2 possible scenarios on this. Either your waxer motor is defective, or the cable going to the waxer motor is either unplugged or defective. There is something they sell at autozone or hardware store that sells something called electronics contact cleaner. This has saved me and my customers hundreds of dollars.
First thing I suggest is take the waxer motor cable (the one that goes from the control board at the front of the unit to the waxer motor) and unplug it at both ends, blow into it for dust and debris, and replug it in.
Second option is purchase contact cleaner spray, unplug the same cable, and spray the cable on both ends and re-plug. That works 99% of the time.
Third option is if you have a volt meter and check to make sure you are getting 120v at the P6 connector of the wax controller board. Then use the meter to check that the cable has continuity. Obviously this is assuming you are a little more advanced and can use a volt meter.
Just so you know, you will have to flip the treadmill on its side. The wax pump and cable going to it, is visible on the underside of the treadmill. Along one if the side rails.
But since you are out in a place where you may not have techs available, I can get you to the site that has the manual: http://www.afsfit.com/manuals/lifefitness97ti95ti93t97te95tetreadmill.pdf
Look at or around page 29.I hope this helps you.
By the way, there is also a section in there in which you can do diagnostics by pressing buttons only (before you take anything apart) page 36. Page 11 at the bottom tells you what I already explained about the harness.
Matthew
Matthew
Matthew, Technician