Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I need to change track belt and motor belt on model T8600S…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change track belt and motor belt on model T8600S vision treadmill. Track is fraying at the seam.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your T8600S? What have you tried so far?

I have had treadmill for 15 years and have glued the belt and used staples to keep it together. been going on for 1 year. I need a new track and belt for motor along with instructions to install.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/13/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 4 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi you will need a new deck as well as both belts.
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/m/equipment/Select/7517/Vision-Fitness/T8600HRC-1998-2000-TM18-TM24
You can order there or from Treadmill doctor. Com
The machine is still working correctly? Being that old the Motor and circuit board usually go bad once the deck and belt are worn out.
Everything is still working fine the track needs to be replaced. It would make sense to replace the belt to the engine while replacing the track. I do not understand why I would need a new deck? Please explain.The deck appears to be solid.I need the breakdown showing how the unit comes apart in order to replaced the belt.
The belt and deck always need to be replaced together. They are wear items.if you had staples on the belt I'm sure the deck and really scratched up. This will cause more friction on the new belt and wear it out quickly.
Fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com will show you an exploded Parts diagram
You will need to remove both rollers, then slide the side rails off. Then remove the deck.install new deck and belt. Next install the front roller with drive belt only around the roller. DO NOT ATTACH TO MOTOR. next install rear roller. Now roll the drive belt onto the Motor pulley first, then roll it onto the roller pulley
Once everything is back together you can tension the rear roller so the belt doesn't skip, or slip
Can you send me a break down of the unit showing the parts or possibly some sort of manual.
It is going to be a couple of hours before I will review your reply.
The sites I sent have a complete breakdown of Parts. There is no Repair manual for treadmills.
Right now I am beginning to work on it so I may yet need you.
J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician