Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I can hear the motor running but the belt won't move. Weslo

I can hear the motor...
I can hear the motor running but the belt won't move
JA: What's the brand/model of your equipment?
Customer: Weslo cadence R 5.2
JA: How long has this been going on with your Weslo? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened yesterday. I looked at the reset button--all good. pressed stop to clear the console numbers. Unplugged treadmill.
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
12/13/2017
Matthew
Matthew, Technician
Experience: 20+ years in Electronics, Mechanical, Service, Repair, Customer Service, Quality Control, Document Control, and Maintenance w/ 10+ in fitness equipment. All brands/models
Hello- thank you for contacting us. I’ll be happy to help. Can you tell Me for a fact that it is the motor that you’re running. Do you hear a countdown when you press start button as in three, two, one… Then it starts up? If that is the case, then what you have going on is a drive belt inside the motor housing that has either slipped or broken. So the motor is running but it is not connected to the pulley that is making the walk belt go. What you need to do first is actually remove the cover that covers the motor and verify that the motor pulley has either snapped or come off. If it has come off you can easily walk it back on. If it is broken you’ll have to replace it. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you remove the cover?
There are 3 screws on the front of the cover, one screw on the left, and one on the right of the cover (plastic cover on the front of the machine)
Those screws need to be removed. The cover should come off easily. Make sure you unplug it before removing.
You can plug it back in after the cover is off and start it up. You’ll be able to see the workings of the machine and what is running or not.
Matthew
Matthew, Technician
Matthew
Matthew
Matthew, Technician