Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Error 4 New Balance Treadmille. It will start and then read…

Customer Question
Error 4 New Balance...

Error 4 New Balance Treadmille

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

Yes. it will start and then read Error 4. new balance 1400

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

Have no idea

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/13/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Matthew, Technician replied 7 months ago
Matthew
Matthew, Technician
Experience: 20+ years in Electronics, Mechanical, Service, Repair, Customer Service, Quality Control, Document Control, and Maintenance w/ 10+ in fitness equipment. All brands/models
If it starts up for a few seconds and then stops, it is typically a sign that the speed sensor is detecting slow speed, no speed, or excessive speed. If it starts up normally and it is not going too fast, or too slow, thnen the sensor is not detecting any speed. This indicates a problen or fluke with the speed sensor itself. If you can verify that the speed sensor is functional, and within spec (close enough to detect the flywheel turning and the sensor us not damaged), you may want to try and blow out debris (if there is any) from the sensor, or disconnect the sensor wire to the board, and reconnect it (reset-so-to-speak) as starters.