Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Nothing going on yet but wondering if you can answer a

Customer Question
Nothing going on yet...

Nothing going on yet but wondering if you can answer a question about "repairability" as I'm looking at a used machine for my wife. Livestrong 10.0 for $400

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Livestrong 10.0 It's now discontinued from the line but this one looks rather lightly used

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I'm considering purchasing it. There isn't anything currently wrong. I just want to know if parts are available and how difficult the most common repairs are to make. I've been an electrician for 30 years and pretty handy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
12/13/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 7 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Save your money, those were only about 8-900 brand new. Regardless of what a machine looks like you can't tell the condition of the Parts besides the belt. That machine is at least 5-6 years old now, which is more than half it's lifespan.
If your wife is just looking to walk a few times a week, honestly just go to Walmart and get whatever is on sale for 199. Use it til it breaks and get a new one. If she is planning on doing any jogging or running, then invest in a good machine that will last many years. ( not a machine found at any box stores)Brands to look at for Quality and solid Warranty:Precor
Life Fitness
Landice
True Fitness
Spirit Fitness.
Great advice. You saved me from a sketchy purchase. Well worth the cost of asking here. Thanks!
No problem. Please rate my answer thanks!