Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Similar problem to someone's question about their treadmill…

Customer Question
Similar problem to someone's...

Similar problem to someone's question about their treadmill - the unit turns on and the display works fine, but the only button that reacts is the "incline down" button. We used the reset button, tried unplugging it for 30 minutes, took the console cover off and checked the magnet & reed switch, still nothing. The inside looked perfectly clean, so it's surprising that the unit doesn't work. Any other suggestions? We're not really mechanically oriented......thanks.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

We haven't used it in a month or so, but my husband did unplug the cable last week (there's a mini TV in the unit) connection since the TV wasn't working very well.

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

Hasn't ever needed it. Has worked perfectly since we bought it in Dec 2008.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that covers it. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
12/13/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please.

What is your zip code?

02649
Not sure why the zip code is relevant. We are trying to decide whether it's worth it to try to fix the unit. Thanks. See previous notes on what we've done so far.

The reason that I asked for your zip code was to locate someone locally.

To be honest, it will cost likely around $500 to end up fixing the treadmill on the low end so I would say that it is not worth fixing.

We figured that, but wanted to be sure we'd explored all the do-it-yourself options (i.e., additional repair advice) before deciding to replace it. You can close this case.

Sorry for the confusion -- Unfortunately, the next step would be to have a certified technician come out and look at it which I do not believe would be worth the cost.

To mark the question as closed/resolved, please rate our session at the top as 3-5 stars.