Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

It stops and you turn it off and back on The belt seems to

Customer Question

It stops and you turn it off and back on The belt seems to be going to the right
JA: What's the brand/model of your equipment?
Customer: Intrepid 1300
JA: How long has this been going on with your Intrepid? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 6 months about We just turn it off and restart
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds to me as if, first, you need to make sure the belt isn't tightened too much on the right, causing it to creep to the right and off its proper track as it goes around... and also, if tightened too much, this might cause it to shut off owing to overheating ... so, loosening it on the right side until it goes around (while you are NOT standing on it) evenly, after shifting it to the left so it's centered again, would be the right thing to do first.

Now if the turning-off problem continues, you may have either an overheating problem with the motor controller board or perhaps the power supply... or, you may have a more difficult problem requiring professional servicing or replacement of the machine. Let me know how old it is, how much use it has seen, and whether it has gotten at all dusty too.