Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a New Balance 1800 Treadmill that had a finicky plug…

Customer Question
I have a New...

I have a New Balance 1800 Treadmill that had a finicky plug in. Where the power cord plugged into the treadmill you had to wiggle the cord to get it to work. It progressively got worse. I took the shrouds off and took the power supply module off and found that one of the power supply wires was not soldered securely. I fixed that and put everything back together and the display powered right up.I thought ..nice job. I went to go to use it and when I pressed start, nothing happened. I took the shrouds back off and looked everything over and it all looked good. I then jumpered the drive motor and the incline motoe to see if they were burned up. They both worked. I am suspecting the circuit board is bad. Do you have any solutions for me? Are these parts available?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

New Balance Model 1800, Serial #0549TM18000356

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I stated all of that in my initial request

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

If the parts are available, they need to be ordered through New Balance here: 1-***-***-****