Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I'm not sure what Epic model treadmill I have but it was the…

Customer Question
I'm not sure what...

I'm not sure what Epic model treadmill I have but it was the top model about 4 years ago. It has a video display and is conneced to the internet for updates , etc My problem is I went to turn it on last night and it would not turn on. Suggestions as to an easy fix or a contact for service?

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

Just last night

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

It's been a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It has worked perfectly until last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
11/29/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you see a model number anywhere on the machine?

Can you see a reset button, close to where the power cord connects?

If so, try resetting the machine and let me know if that works....

The model is an Epic Platinum A42T. It has no reset button. I have rebooted several times with no success. I can see a light on the circuit board which tells me the powere is at least getting to the board.
There is no reset button

Does anything show on the display at all?

Does it make any beeping noises?

Is the emergency stop cord fitted?

Nothing on the display
NO beeping noises
Emergency cord is fine
I do see a light on the circuit board so I know at least it is getting power

Check all of the cable connections.

If the console is getting power but is not turning on, then the console is suspect and will need to be replaced.