Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Won't power up?, all lights come on fan only thing that

Customer Question
Won't power up?, all...

Won't power up?, all lights come on fan only thing that works, want to know if worth fixing or time to replace?

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

Couple months back

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

Nevr I owned since new about 1997

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need a this fixed or replaced

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
11/28/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

From the sound of it, the situation may not be hopeless. Lights all coming On means something good: no short circuits, no burnouts, power supply still good - perhaps only a controller board needs replacing or the like simpler type of (not minimal, but simple) repair.

Whether that makes it worth repairing, really depends upon some factors:

- are you willing to try (and perhaps waste $) and repair it yourself?

- are there nearby repairers in your region that will take on this problem without charging almost as much as a new one would cost you?

- and, is it Old, or Used a lot, or is it Almost New? Almost New (e.g. light usage and less than 3 years old, or heavier usage and 1 to 2 years old, or very light usage and stored in good conditions when stored and up to five years old.... those are all better prospects for repairing.

If I can advise you further, let me know your local town/city and state, or zip code, and I will advise you further as needed.

- If this answers your question, please let me know - and a rating for my work would be appreciated.