Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My treadmill trac is way too far to the left and i cant find…

Customer Question
My treadmill trac is...

My treadmill trac is way too far to the left and i cant find the Allen wrench that came with it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Nordic trac model 831.25015.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Well I haven’t used it for awhile 6months maybe i tried using an Allen wrench i found i tried turning a quarter turn on the left side several times but it doesn’t seem lik its moved at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 7 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician

Hi is the bolt moving when you tighten it? Or is it stripped out?

No it is moving- now at least i can get the belt to move but it goes back to the left

Ok, Has the machine been moved at all since you last used it?

I put it back up in the storage position

Ok so nothing could have been broken then, so lets try to tighten the left allen bolt 2 full turns, and turn the machine on for a few minutes and see if anything changes.

Sorry so i turn it to the right 2 full turns?

Yes, the left bolt, 2 full rotations to the right.

I can get the tread to the middle, and I feel like I’m turning the bolt, but the tread keeps going back to the left. Maybe that bolt is stripped ��

Well you can know for sure if you fold the machine up, then turn the bolt while looking at it. You will be able to see the bolt turning, and it should move the roller.

if the bolt turns, but roller does not then its stripped and you need a new roller and bolt. But if your turning the wrench and nothing is happening then you stripped the bolt head and just need to replace the bolt.