Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a unlinked tm3000 that needs to be recalibrate, but I…

Customer Question
I have a unlinked...

I have a unlinked tm3000 that needs to be recalibrate, but I don't have the manual to know the steps.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Unlinked tm3000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Sorry, it is NULINKMD TM 3000

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
11/25/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try this, if your treadmill has that type of console (I admit I don't recognize the 'Unlinked' brand... StrengthMaster? NordicTrack? something else?):

Plug in your treadmill and hold down the “stop” and “increase speed” keys, then insert the safety key and let go of those two buttons.

Not standing nor stepping on the belt at this point, press STOP once, then press Increase Speed until the belt runs up to 80 or 85 percent of the speed indicated on the monitor/display.

Locate the speed adjustment dial or potentiometer, and adjust it to 85 % of the maximum speed indicated on the console.

Press DONE or ENTER, and turn OFF the treadmill after that.

If it is a different type with auto-calibration, just turn it On while pressing and holding the two “incline buttons” on your control pad if your treadmill features an automatic calibration feature. Wait until the display reads “calibration” and press the “start” button. Then wait 5 to 10 minutes, until the auto-calibration stops with a 'successful' message hopefully, then remove the safety key.

The manufacturer is NULINKMD and the model is TM 3000.

I regret that I cannot find any information on that maker and model. Did the instructions I offered have any usefulness where your treadmill was concerned?

No; thanks for trying. Machine was made in China in 2011 by Nulinkmd llc, but I do not have a manual.
My grandson turned power strip off then back on and module says "Safety Key Protection" and I can't get past that notification with or without safety key.

I'm not sure what else to advise you, except that you will probably need a local treadmill repair professional to evaluate the problem and/or fix it (depending upon your budget and the expense of repairs, just having it evaluated might be appropriate). Now, I don't know your locality, so let me know your local zip code or town/city and state, and I will find listings for repair firms and professional repairers of a wide range of treadmill equipment, that might be able to help with this somewhat-unknown brand and its problem.

79382
Thanks
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago

It seems that Sears Home Appliance Repair is the main resource to call on in the Lubbock TX area:

Sears Appliance Repair

*****/p>

Lubbock, TX 79414

(###) ###-####/p>

but you could also try farther north, about 50 miles away, in the Amarillo region - would you consider any service from that far away? considering that you would either have to drive that far, or pay for them to come that far to your home ? let me know, and I will list what services there are in the Amarillo region also.

But if this answers your question well enough, rating my answer would be good, to signify it was good enough.

Amarillo is an option.

OK, I am seeking Amarillo treadmill repair pros and repair co.s, give me about 10 minutes roughly to find what there is...

I'm sorry to say there are not many there either: another

Sears Appliance Repair

7701 1-40 W Ste 400
Amarillo, TX 79121

Phone 1-***-***-****

or

ALPHA EDS CORP

Serves: DFW & Surrounding 300 Mile Radius
Based: Waxahachie, TX
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or perhaps

FITNESS SERVICE OF NORTH TEXAS

Serves: Dallas/Ft. Worth areas of Texas
Based: Dallas, TX
Toll-free number:(###) ###-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or

LIBERTY EQUIPMENT SERVICES

Provide Services in: Abilene, Amarillo, Bowie, Duncan, Lawton, Lubbock, Wichita County, Ada, and Ardmore, OK
Based in: Sheppard AFB, TX
Toll-free: N/A
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Other Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that one of these can help!

If this answers your question, please rate my answer and my worth. A five-star rating best expresses appreciation of my efforts to help. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

I took the console off myself and removed the circuit board which held the safety key wiring and cut out the key and wired and soldered the two ends to bypass the safety Key and covered it with tape and machine is working great without the circuit key. I recognize the need for safety and all precautions will be taken since this is in our home and it will be used primarily by my 17 year old granddaughter. She never used the safety key anyway. Thanks

It might be that you had a defective safety key also - if it is the magnetic type and had been dropped or otherwise handled roughly, it may have become demagnetized. That is just a thought I offer in parting. I hope it works well for you.

Russell H., Service Tech