Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Norditrack model NTL14905 The incline goes up but won't go…

Customer Question
Norditrack model NTL14905 The...

Norditrack model NTL14905 The incline goes up but won't go back down. What is wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Norditrack ntl14905 #T241123552 approx. 12 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was in storage until we moved. Everything worked when started up until I raised incline fully. Made a clunking noise and has never come back down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
The view screen stated CALIBRATING INCLINE. then CALIBRATION 0
DISCONNECTED BAR TO INCLINE SO WE COULD MANUALLY LOWER AND FOLD UP
11/22/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I can manually push the platform down. When incline button is touched, it goes all the way up and won't go back down, with message on calibration as stated above. Your opinion is important.

What is your zip code so that I can locate a repair shop in your area?

29732. Rock Hill, S.C

Unfortunately, I do not see any local places in your area. The closest that I am seeing is near Charlotte, NC.

Hi Harry,
I had already checked my local repair service before contacting you. Sears doesn't service Norditrack any longer either where we purchased the treadmill. I was hoping you might have an idea of what could be wrong so I would know which end of the treadmill is in need of repair when I find someone in this area.
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago

You will need someone locally to diagnosis the issue