Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

The treadmill belt will not start moving. Tomshoo. Just

Customer Question
The treadmill belt will...

The treadmill belt will not start moving

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

Tomshoo

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just received it in the mail, put the parts together and turned it on................nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I need a tech to walk me through the process. I am on a lap top not cell phone FYI

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Did I miss something or you don't have an answer yet?
More info on treadmill. The electrical work from plug in to on/off switch to panel; goes thru prog and mode. Pushing start it counts down but the message does not get to the treadmill motor to start the machine
11/21/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Which Tomshoo model do you have?

Approximately how old is it?

No model # just purchased and recd 11/16

I'll need to know which model you have. Can you see a model on the packaging, or receipt, or user manual?

SKU-NO:Y3520S

Ok, so you have had the machine a year and it has never powered on or worked, is that correct?

No I just got it 11/16/17

Ah, ok!

And there is no sign of life from it at all? Any sounds or beeping?

Do you have a voltmeter available to carry out some checks?

I plugged it in the on/off switch lights up and when I put the safety thing on and I click the prog run it thru the zeros then press start nothing happens. It is not getting the message back to the motor hope this makes sense
I can check voltage too

There may be a loose wire between the base and the console - can you check all wiring connections first?

I will do that again
Undid the connections (2) replaced them still belt not moving
The plug has been tested it tested out. We could not get a reading on the signal wires

The speed sensor (reed switch) may need adjusting - can you check it, and adjust if necessary?

All checks out. May I take the motor area and panel apart to see if a wire is loose?
Since I wrote last the motor housing got very hot and smelled like something was burning unplugged and took outside. I think this is hopeless

Ok, in that case I suspect that the motor has a fault - you should contact the retailer to arrange a warranty return.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------