Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Have a tdf 5.0. Just set it up, but when we shift gears, the…

Customer Question
Have a tdf 5.0...

Have a tdf 5.0. Just set it up, but when we shift gears, the pedaling doesn't get any easier or harder. Shifting doesn't seem to do anything - and it's quite hard to turn the cranks. Can you give any advice?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

TDF 5.0 PFEX01915.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We bought in March of this year, but then the weather started getting nice so we really didn't do anything with the device until today. Everything seems nice. We get the screen routes, etc. When we shift we hear the mechanism move - but the pedaling just stays the same. Very hard to pedal. Like climbing a hill all the time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 5 days by:
11/25/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The console indicates that shifting is taking place on the machine, but the pedaling does not change. And it is "stuck" in a very hard pedaling mode. It's hard to turn the cranks. (And I ride a bike 2000 miles/year).
OK. Any advice?
If you can give me any advice online that would be fine, otherwise you can call me later today.

This is surprisingly a very common issue with the TDF 5.0. On Amazon, there are more 1 star reviews than 5 star for this bike.

Have you reached out to Proform?

No response.

When did you call them?

I called and emailed this past week.

Did you speak with them over the phone?

Can you help or not. Why keep asking about proform? They didn't answer the phone but left a message to leave a message.

The bike is under warranty and Proform should be the one fixing it so that is why I keep referencing them.