Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Have a freespirit 122 300810 13 years old. when you plug in…

Customer Question
Have a freespirit###-##-####...

Have a freespirit###-##-#### 13 years old. when you plug in the console says cal. then it shows e3 in the speed read out.

Technician's Assistant: The Fitness Equipment Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Freespirit###-##-#### 13 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started according to my wife who uses it. when that e3 comes into speed read out thats it wont do any think

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
when that e3 comes up thats it cant do anything with the machine
11/18/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?

If yes, please post back with clear closeup pictures of the console/display circuitry, motor, motor controller and all the wiring. Click / tap HERE. These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.Still and if considering a DIY, let's try check and review the basics.

Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the wiring/connections from the bottom to the console/display;
  • • very carefully check if there is voltage supplied from the motor controller to the motor;
  • • even if just to eliminate as a suspect, consider performing the below tests:
  • • cautiously / manually turn the big motor and see pulley, roller, belt action;
  • • if comfortably able, disconnect the big motor and test run using a car battery;
  • • trace / check if the speed sensor is positioned and wired correctly (most likely).
Not worth fixing

I understand and appreciate the post back.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Louie, Technician