Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My treadmill seems to be skipping or hesitating while

Customer Question
My treadmill seems to...

My treadmill seems to be skipping or hesitating while walking

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

Image 15.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just staryed today took it back down to 0 incline reset the machine turned off and on checked the belt seems fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I am having issues with my treadmill it's try to skip or lagging when walking

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?
If yes, please post back with clear closeup pictures of the console/display circuitry, motor, motor controller and all the wiring. Click HERE. These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.
Still and if considering a DIY, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• check the wiring/connections from the bottom to the console/display;
  • very carefully check if there is voltage supplied from the motor controller to the motor;
  • even if just to eliminate as a suspect, consider performing the below tests:
  • • cautiously / manually turn the big motor and see pulley, roller, belt action;
  • • if comfortably able, disconnect the big motor and test run using a car battery;
  • • trace / check if the speed sensor is positioned and wired correctly.