Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have an old Nautilus T514-NS Treadmill .. it turns on

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Nautilus T514-NS Treadmill .. it turns on counts down but then stops and returns back to the countdown screen or it will say SAFETY KEY while the safety key is in place

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Nautilus T514-NS treadmill ... it started doing that a few week ago and then stopped but now its back to doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 4 months I have re-calibrated it already and that has not fixed the issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I have to pay to get advice from the Equipment Expert

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
11/16/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The treadmill's console may well be 'broken' - it sounds quite unreliable, which is a sign of that condition.

The console would need to be replaced if so - and even if still available for sale, be warned, a replacement console would probably run in the several-hundred-to-500-dollar range, in price.

If not the console, the power supply might perhaps be supplying a wrong voltage to the console, making it unreliable. But even if that is so, the console might also be permanently damaged by this. I'm sorry to say it, but your treadmill might perhaps be an uneconomical thing to try to repair.

But if you wish me to find and quote prices for sources for the console, please Reply and let me know, and I will advise you further.