Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Proform Performance 600 (six years old) was working fine…

Customer Question
My Proform Performance 600...

My Proform Performance 600 (six years old) was working fine and suddenly the control board does not function. I tried to reset the power switch but it still does not respond. There is electrical power to the unit, the lights turn on and the ventilator works, it is just the on off and speed controls do not work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It is a treadmill

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Proform performance 600 model PFTL79510.1 has not had any problemns previously

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 5 days by:
11/18/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?

If yes, please post back with clear closeup pictures of the console/display circuitry, motor, motor controller and all the wiring. Click / tap HERE. These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Still and if considering a DIY, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the wiring/connections from the bottom to the console/display;
  • • very carefully check if there is voltage supplied from the motor controller to the motor;
  • • even if just to eliminate as a suspect, consider performing the below tests:
  • • cautiously / manually turn the big motor and see pulley, roller, belt action;
  • • if comfortably able, disconnect the big motor and test run using a car battery;
  • • trace / check if the speed sensor is positioned and wired correctly.
THANK YOU ,HOW EVER DUE TO THE DELAY IN RECEIVING AN ANSWER I CONTACTED A REPAIR SERVICE AND THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO COME EARLY NEXT WEEK.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

And I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.