Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

The speed cannot be controlled. It goes directly to high…

Customer Question
The speed cannot be...

The speed cannot be controlled. It goes directly to high speed, like 5mph

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Pro Plus the motor has, on the motor, model # of PWM 3636-5250-7-1. and serial number98072165

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was rarely used and did work before we got it. I believe we tried it early summer when we got it but has been stored in garage. We are ready to move it to cellar, but not if it does not perform. Joe cleaned the speed sensor unplugged from board replugged

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

He is now getting an "e" symbol when he presses custom, thence of these exercise buttons

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
11/15/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, the described symptom almost always point to a faulty motor controller board particularly if the speed sensor checks good.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

Please post back with clear pictures of the motor controller board. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.