Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Have iFit (Nordic) incredibly heavy. Need to move

Customer Question
Have iFit (Nordic) incredibly...

Have iFit (Nordic) incredibly heavy. Need to move downstairs. Can the deck be taken apart so it's not so heavy?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

We bought it at Sears about 6 months ago. It's an iFIT ....T6.7i.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not a problem w/the treadmill. We need to move it one level and it's incredibly heavy . Can the deck be lifted off the frame somehow? That should help a lot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
11/9/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Almost all NordicTrack exercise machines can be disassembled or changed in configuration at least, for transport/moving/shipping.

but how? Is there a video, maybe YouTube showing how???

I can instruct you as to what to do - one moment while I type in your instructions, please...

sounds good

1. with the treadmill still ON, adjust the Incline to 0.

2. turn it OFF after that is done.

3. remove the safety key, unplug the power cord.

4. hold the treadmill at the foot (away from the console, what would be the lowest part of the belt/walking art if the incline were at maximum.)

5. lift it carefully up to the console.

6. this 'folds up' the treadmill. It should lock into place with a click when folded up.

7. Make sure, for safety, that the latch locks! before moving the treadmill.

8. There are wheels at the 'foot' of the folded treadmill. Grasping it by the tread part, and by one handrail, bracing one foot against one of the wheels, tilt the whole thing back a bit onto those wheels, removing your foot when it is tilted but balanced.

9. Then, you can wheel the treadmill along in folded and latched position, somewhat cumbersomely.

Here's the manual:

https://www.iconservice.com/CustomerService/pdfDownload.do?fileName=25021.1-378501.pdf

Page 26 shows the folding and moving procedure with diagrams, it's easier to describe it in pictures.

thanks, ***** ***** try it early a.m. when there's help here.

That's advisable, since it even when folded up still weighs a considerable amount, not easily lifted and not easily managed. (Are you willing to rate my answer and my work now? or would you rather wait until tomorrow after it is moved? that's OK too.)

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)