Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Just got a new profrom bike and the resistance is set way to…

Customer Question
just got a new profrom...
just got a new profrom bike and the resistance is set way to high
even on the lowest level i can not ride up a grade of 6% or more on rides in the tour de france
i can easily ride these routes on a real bike and have ridden several of the actual tour rides
the resistance seems to be set way to high, the resistance motor is fine but the levels are way off
is there a way to adjust it so that first gear or level one allows me to get up a muncher steeper incline like first gear on a real bike would?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 6 days by:
11/14/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

like I said the resistance is just set up wrong!!I am a strong biker and I can not ride up a hill more than 8% gradient on this proform bike even in the lowest resistance.
I could easily do that on real bike and have on many of the actual tour routes.
It has this resistance offset in the settings that you can make it tolerable but then it has you going up a 20% grade at 20 miles an hour and showing 600 watts---so none of that is realistic.
The Proform people had me take the thing apart and check belts etc and it all looks normal.
the sad part is that I paid for all the upset technical support and parts and labor but they haven't even offered to send someone out yet.I want it to have the resistance of any real bike---can you help me fix it??

The fact that they have not offered to send out an authorized repair person is ridiculous.

This type of issue will need to be fixed by them directly and they should offer a repair -- Have you called back and asked to speak to a supervisor?

i don't mean to be rude, but have you worked on the proform bike?? If so, have you ever worked on the problem I am describing? And if so, how did you fix it??

That is not rude at all -- The bike will need to be worked on by Proform.

have you ever worked on the Proforms? For this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?
or, what will they do to fix it??Can you not offer me any options to fix it myself and what to do??

No, it will need to go through Proform for repair.

ok

Thank you.