Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have Vision Fitness r40 bike that the resistance will

Customer Question
I have Vision Fitness...

I have Vision Fitness r40 bike that the resistance will work. The monitor says it is working but there is no resistance on thepedal

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It was purchased 2013 and is r40

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just noticed it this morning after my daughter did a 20 miniute workout with no resistance. I got on and turned up to 6 and there was nothing at all.i don't no if the ECB magnet is working. I tried to open up the side panel but I couldn't get the crank off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I've been able to adjust every time I got on and can't figure out the problem.. The monitor seems fine the mechanics of the machine seems to be a problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
I’ve never received an answer yet from my last question.
10/4/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need a crank puller to get the crank off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFeH4G59mkg

Once you get the cover off the resistance magnet can be tested.

If you need details for a repairer in your area, please let me know your zip code.