J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Vision Fitness Model #TF94507. Vision Fitness Model #TF94507

Vision Fitness Model #TF94507
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Vision Fitness Model #TF94507 approx 10 years old while exercising today the track stopped with E6. When I unplugged the machine it gave me the options again so I started exercising again and in 5 min time it did the same. Could you please give me some direction in this. Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just started today, I have done no troubleshooting as I was not sure what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,
Hi have you ever changed the belts or deck?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Belt has been replaced,deck has not. I do not have that many hours on my treadmill since the belt has been replced
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Could you please let me know what the code E6 indicates?
As I was on the machine the deck just stopped with the E6 showing in the window.
That means it's over heating from too much friction. You cannot just replace the belt only. You need to do them together they wear together. Your Motor control board is damaged from the over heating.
Being that old of a machine it may not be cost effective to replace the Parts needed. An average Treadmill lasts 8-12 years depending on maintenance.
You can price out Parts at fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com
You will need both belts, deck, Motor control board.
If it's more than 3-400$ I honestly wouldn't invest that kind of money into that old of a machine.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have not logged many hours on this machine, therefore I do not agree with your answer.
Well you can just do a Motor control board. But it will happen again sooner than later
Hours don't matter on a Treadmill. Age does. Parts get old and brittle.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
How would I do a motor control board?
Only need a screwdriver. It's the circuit board that both motors plug into. It's located under the front Motor cover.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I guess I will have to call in a repair person, as I am on my own and would not want to do this
It's very easy. You really only need a screw driver. It's like hooking up a TV. Just unplug the wires from the old board and plug them into the new one. A Repair guy is going to charge you over 100$ for 5 min worth of work...
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I went and had a look and your directions sound easier then what it is. Where would I get a new board from?
One of those 2 web sites I listed earlier. Both the sites you can put in your zip code and they will give a list of techs in your area
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
V1L 6E7
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I can not view your complete response as a phone me message comes up and blocks your complete response.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I prefer not to spend the extra $35.
Www fitnessrepairparts. Com or www Treadmill doctor. Com
Just close the pop up. It's just an option if you want phone call
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I was not satisfied with the info I got to answer my questions
What else can I help with?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I am not sure, I have gone online and looked for E6 and it says it has something to do with the elevation. This is a completely different answer then what you gave me, that is why I am saying it is better for me to call a repair man. Thanks for your time in this matter.
Based on the info you gave me with the belt stopping. You need a Motor control board.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I will call a repair company in and get back with the information I receive from him.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Just a follow up--I was able to get the information and with just a phone call my treadmill just needed auto-calibration which was done and my treadmill is back to normal.
All your information was not correct as I explained everything the same to the repair man.
Thank you for trying,
Sharon
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have no questions to ask of you. You were not able to help me and I had to get a repair man and he was able to help me with the same questions I had asked you. My machine is working as it had before.