Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I am getting Er 5. I have olympia treadmill. 4 years. I

Customer Question
I am getting Er...

I am getting Er 5

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have olympia treadmill

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

4 years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to lubricate on the surface even i remove the belt motor is stoping if i increase the speed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/23/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
The Er5 error code normally triggers when an object is detected by the folding sensors on the underside of the treadmill. The folding sensors look like small trapezoids: two on the back and two on the front. Make sure there are no foreign objects underneath the treadmill. If no objects are present, inspect the sensors for damage.
Reply back and let me know what you find.
I have already removed the belt attached to the treadmill motor and surface. I found the problem may be related to the motor.
Normally the motor is running at the slow speed (0.8) but whenever I increase the speed (6), it gives me smell and then the motor stops and give me Err 5.

Ok if you are getting a small from the motor when the belt is off then the motor will need to be replaced.

Any idea how much is the cost of motor and from where i can buy?

It depends what area you live in.

A local treadmill repair service or gym equipment repair service should be able to advise.