Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I hace an Epic T60 Treadmill. After I moved it to the

Customer Question
I hace an Epic...

I hace an Epic T60 Treadmill. After I moved it to the garage, I tested it. I am aware of the recall for safety issues having to do with raising and lowering the platform. We've been using it for many years with the platform down and have not had an issue. I also know that I can only use it in the range of 0 to 5° tilt, probably having to do with screw alignment or the sensor at maximum tilt. Testing the screw through the 5° range was successful. Testing the spee range 0->12mph, the unit made a thumping sound synchronized with speed and shut down at 12mph. Now the unit will start moving, but immediately shuts down. I notice a small arc/spark reflected from under the screw housing coming from within the housing. There is the screw motor and a transformer(?) mounted on top of the housing. Can't identify the source of the arc because I'm reluctant to disassemble the housing assembly. Do you have an idea what is causing the arc, and the thumping on first speed test. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

Epic T60.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only the testing previously supplied.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

You have all my information.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/14/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 11 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi your Motor control board has burned out and needs to be replaced
Where is it located, so that I can remove and replace it.
It's under the front Motor cover. It's the circuit board that both the motors plug into