Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Treadmill - not used for years - initially purchased 2000 -

Customer Question
Treadmill - not used...

Treadmill - not used for years - initially purchased 2000 - used very little

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

Model # NTTL09992 - Nordictrack

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Plugged it in after 10 years + no use and panel lights but it will not engage

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Minimum cost for a service call - if he feels it might be a easy repair

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/11/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 11 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi if it sat for that long it won't be worth repairs, most likely the Motor and bearings are seized up. The belts will be dry and brittle.
I use the car analogy, if you stuck at car in the garage for 10 years, your not going to just turn the key and drive down the road...
Also being a Nordic track that's a low Quality machine to begin with, so the Parts are not great Quality.