Neil, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have a Pacemaster Platinum Pro VR with 480 hours on it. It

I have a Pacemaster Platinum Pro VR with 480 hours on it. It recently started to hesitate when I was on it. The walking track and the drive belt are both tight. This morning the motor stopped turning. When I hit the start button, their is some clicking on the lower control board and then I get a 425 error code. The belt never moves. Any ideas?

Hi

Sorry for the delay...

When it started to hesitate did you then tighten the belt rather than lub the deck? If so then its possible you have overloaded the motor... You will have to loosen the belts again and lub the deck...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Neil,The treadmill started to hesitate a few weeks ago, but when I checked it today, I was not walking on it. There was no load on the walking belt.I had not adjusted the tension on the walking belt nor had I adjusted the tension in the drive belt on the motor. They are the same as they have been for the last 7 years.Now when I try to start the treadmill, it makes a bunch of normal beeping, but then I hear some clicking fro the motor control board (lower board) and I get a 425 error. The belt never moves.Earlier today, I could get the belt to move, but with a lot of hesitation and stutter steps.I understand that Pacemaster is out of business, but there is a local company that seems to have stock on the lower control boards. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a board, if the machine is fried.Jim

Ok its a common mistake to tighten the belt rather than lub the deck....

From here we need to check the motor control board and the motor itself... The motor control board is under the bottom front cowling, unplug from the power and check the breaker for the power cord as well as any fuses on the motor control board...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I checked the ceramic fuse on the board and it's OK. I checked it with my DVM and got continuity.The breaker on the power cord that you are referring to...do you mean the breaker in my panel for the outlet, or is there a breaker on the motor control board? There is power to the unit and the display will light up when I plug it in. There is an LED on the motor control board that lights up when I plug it in, so I know there is power there.I'll be out of the house for about 2 or 3 hours it will be a while before I can check to see if there is a breaker on the motor control board.Thx
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I checked the breaker, it's OK, there is power to the machine.

Ok.... So from here we need to check the motor itself:

From the manual:

Error Code 425

After start is pressed, the tread belt does not move and then "Err 425" appears. To reset this error code you must unplug the treadmill from

the wall outlet for 10 seconds, and then check the items listed below.

Check the drive motor wire connection to the power supply.

Check the ceramic fuse (20 Amp – 250 V) on the power supply.

So you have done the fuse so check the drive motor connections, un plug and reconnect...

If no luck then we need to test the motor:

# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slowly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your power supply is bad and needs replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great!,I will test that when I get home in a few hours.Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Neil,I was able to determine the motor is fried. Thanks for your help.