treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I set up my Merax JK1603E treadmill, put in the safety key

Customer Question

I set up my Merax JK1603E treadmill, put in the safety key and got an E7 error message. What should I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Merax JK1603E Easy Assembly Folding Electric Treadmill Motorized Running Machine (Red)
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's new, and never started. I tried removing safety key, turned off, and restarted. Same problem.
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error may indicate a lack of communication or lack of connection with the cables attached to the control console. Try turning it Off, unplugging it (the whole treadmill that is), and re-attaching those cables to the console - firmly and securely.

Then plug in the treadmill and try it again.

Let me know how that goes and what you observe... I hope it now works, but if it doesn't, I will help and advise you further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did that and it didn't work

OK. If you're sure your Merak is new - if you're sure the console is connected correctly and otherwise it is well-assembled - then you have (and it's a shame for sure) gotten a defective product. It will have to be

A. complained about (or, you should promptly notify) to the seller, and

B. disassembled and packed up again, unless the seller provides in-home servicing! and then

C. returned to the seller or vendor, for a refund or for an exchange for another, fully working, treadmill of equal or equivalent value and capabilities/features.

I regret coming to this conclusion... but given the conditions, it's the only and the best thing to do with the situation. (A brief double-check that all is OK with the assembling, might be justified - but if you're sure of those details, then notifying/packing-up/returning it, is the right thing to do.)

Let me know if you need more help. Or if this answers your question.