Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Treadmill won't run shows E4 code error, don't know, not on…

Customer Question
Treadmill won't run shows...

Treadmill won't run shows E4 code error

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

Don't know, not on the machine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

IThere is power to the machine console, but it wont start the belt rotation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/7/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is the maker name of the treadmill, please? specifics as to how to recover from an E4 error will depend upon at least the maker name (ProForm, Tunturi, etc.) of the machine.

Let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will instruct you further.

wesco

Weslo, I think. That error may mean one of several things, one at least of which you could correct or fix yourself. Please tell me: have you adjusted the belt, or lubricated the belt, at any time in the last 4 years or so?

no, but the motor doesn't even try to run the belt

Then there may be a serious fault in the treadmill, a burned-out component, or windings in the motor. But it's still a question that might help determine what is wrong with the treadmill...