Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Model NTL09108.1 walking belt was slipping, retensioned the…

Customer Question
Model NTL09108.1 walking belt...

Model NTL09108.1 walking belt was slipping, retensioned the rear adj. Still slipping, took off the cover to expose motor and pulley. The gray plastic sleeve that the drive belt runs on slips as the actual metal pulley on the motor keeps turning. Is this a safety clutch, or has it detached and the whole drive/roller/pulley #11 need replacement

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

NTL09108.1 Bought in 09

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Two days now, I checked the walking belt tension adj. it, no good, checked the drive pulley and plastic sleeve around metal pulley is slipping

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/7/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 11 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi yes you need to replace the entire front roller. The pulley has broken free from the roller itself. Very common problem on the low end treadmills. You can order a new one from fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com
Make sure to loosen the rear roller before removing front roller or you won't be able to get the front off