Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Just reading one of your articles which sounds much the same…

Customer Question
Hi There, Just...

Hi There, Just reading one of your articles which sounds much the same as the problem I am having with my treadmill. I purchased it 2 years ago and it's sat in the cupboard until recently I got it out to use it. Everything appears to work on it other than the motor won't turn. I've had the motor tested and it works fine outside the treadmill but when connected nothing at all. Like your article said there is a red light on the board which lights up when the treadmill is switched on. There is only one board and there doesn't appear to be controllers for the incline, that is done manually. Everything else on the controller is working. It beeps when you hit start and does the 3 second countdown, it even starts timing how long it is running, but the motor doesn't turn and therefore the belt doesn't turn. I've been told it's the motor controller board. Had a look at that and there doesn't appear to be anything damaged. I have tried to source another board but who I bought it off doesn't have one.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?

It's a HPF not sure of model, but I can go check if need be

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

As I said it's never worked. I purchased it 2 years ago and it's sat in the cupboard until recently I got it out to use it. Everything appears to work on it other than the motor won't turn. I've had the motor tested and it works fine outside the treadmill but when connected nothing at all. Like your article said there is a red light on the board which lights up when the treadmill is switched on. There is only one board and there doesn't appear to be controllers for the incline, that is done manually. Everything else on the controller is working. It beeps when you hit start and does the 3 second countdown, it even starts timing how long it is running, but the motor doesn't turn and therefore the belt doesn't turn. I've been told it's the motor controller board. Had a look at that and there doesn't appear to be anything damaged. I have tried to source another board but who I bought it off doesn't have one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/6/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 8 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi, yes that's a Motor control board for sure. The 2 best sites for Parts are fitnessrepairparts. Com and Treadmill doctor. Com
You will need your model number to search for the correct board though. There should be a small sticker with the information on the frame of the machine. Usually down near the floor where the power cord is. Sometimes you need to fold it up and look on the back side of the deck
J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician